FBA Board of Directors Meeting – February 2014
FBA Board Meeting February 24, 2014, 8:00 PM
Board members present – Tony Wolfe, Ed Hartwig, Marty Hyde, Steve Brumm, Gail Cushing, Don Miller, and Katie Buchanan
Guests present – Vikki & Lewis Leonard, Wendy Wolfe, Lou Goldman, EJ Kraus
Email business – Katie Buchanan
- BBQ Hall of Fame – American Royal, all organizers have been sent information
- Vikki & Lewis approved as new FBA reps
- There was an authorized use of the FBA logo, matter has been resolved
- Need new person to take care of FBA merchandise trailer – starting 2015
- Don Fisher requested two more reps for Venice; Gail Cushing & EJ Kraus
Treasurers Report – Marty Hyde
- $27322.29 in the bank
Membership – Katie Buchanan
- 742 members
- 34 life
- 8 restaurant
- 4 corporate
- 152 teams
- 493 judges
- Lakeland Kids Pack; Kissimmee Pioneer Days; Thomaston GA; Jacksonville, Flamingo; Zephyrhills; Venice; Pompano; all should updated on the contest page.
- Lake Wales, new contest, Sheilah Jones to do site survey.
Fun Cook/CLYP – Wendy Wolfe
- Trophies have been ordered
- Working on a beverage sponsor for CLYP
New business – Tony Wolfe
- The board was requested to –
- Please re-think the change in the score sheets to include back again the ability for a team to see how a table has scored across all 4 categories. Computers will have to be reformatted – remote program used no longer available, after long discussion and vote – the board voted on restoring the previous scoring program; this will be done when and only when it can be done remotely.
- When there is a contest such as Pig on the Pond that has such a limited capacity for teams, I think it would be in the FBA’s best interest to waive the 150 mile rule and open that weekend up for another contest. The board voted no to this request.
No further business meeting adjourned at 8:53pm
Next meeting March 31, 2014, at 8PM
Minutes submitted by Katie Buchanan