FBA Board of Directors Meeting – June 2014
FBA Board Meeting June 30, 2014, 8:00 PM
Board members present – Marty Hyde, Ed Hartwig, Connie Washam, Gail Cushing, Steve Brumm
Guests present – Mac McLaughlin, Lou Goldman, Wendy Wolf
Treasurers Report – Marty Hyde
- $26,339.09 in the bank, no outstanding bills
- 2nd quarter Financial Report will be sent to Board Members on July 1, 2014
- Membership renewals are continuing to come in
Membership – Connie Washam
- 841 Members – 193 due to renew by 6/30/2014 and have not as of today
- 33 life members
- 10 restaurant
- 6 corporate
- 137 teams
- 513 judges
- 20 new members
- Welcome New Life Member: Keith Harris
- Secretary will get FBA Stickers from Marty Hyde to include in future mailings and He will give pins to those new members who are attending the Judges Seminars.
- Barnesville Contest is moving to May 1-2 2015. This is the same date as the Ft. Meyers Contest but we are still waiting on the sanctioning of Ft. Myers.
- West Palm Beach Contest is requesting march 1-2 2015. Angela Iverson will be going down to do the site inspection and speak to the organizers.
- Madiera Beach Contest is changing their date to June 18-20, 2015
- Spoke to Chuck Carsnesale (organizer) in Apopka, Contest is going to happen next year.
- Marty has not cashed the original Spring Hill Contest Check. Marty is waiting for another check that will include multiple future dates.
- Panama City Contest is closed. Only room for 20 teams.
- There was a brief email about the upcoming Fun Cook and nominations of new officers as well as when the election would be held.
- Waiting for new bylaws to get back from the lawyer. Should have them by the end of the month
- Talk to Connie at Clerbrook we are good to go but a little problem no ice on the property anymore. Clerbrook will not be able to provide ice.
- Contact Uncle Kenny about catering the Funcook. A caterer will be found if he is unavailable. Possible one of the teams that typically vend but maybe not competing
- FunCook Judges Class was extended to 56 with 4 on a standby list 3 already on the Perry list.
- Mac MacLaughlin: Have we received a check from Possible new member Rick Brown? Not at this time.
- Nominations for Board of Directors will start August 1st. Election will be in December
- Gayle is following up with American Royal.
- Katie Buchanan sent Connie the 2015 American Qualifying paperwork.
Funcook – Wendy Wolfe
- 11 Teams sign up to participate
3 Kids Q
6 Dessert Contest
6 for Dutch oven
12 signed up for Dutch oven class
8 wings contest
19 of 35 sites sold
No further business meeting adjourned at 8:45pm
Next meeting August 29, 2014, at 8PM
Minutes submitted by Connie Washam