FBA Board of Directors Meeting – May 2014
FBA Board Meeting May 19, 2014, 7:00 PM
Board members present – Tony Wolfe, Ed Hartwig, Marty Hyde, Steve Brumm, and Don Miller
Treasurers Report – Marty Hyde
- $21,108.65 in the bank
- Discussion: If any member in good standing wishes to acquire additional information pertaining to the Status of Funds, they only need to send an e-mail to the Treasurer.
Membership – Marty Hyde
- 861 members
- 33 life members
- 13 restaurant
- 6 corporate
- 152 teams
- 511 judges
- The most recently sanctioned contest is the new one in Haines City.
- Jesup needs teams in order to continue with their sanctioning.
- The By-Laws have been submitted and approved by the Board to be placed before the membership for approval.
- The only correction made was to state that the Secretary is responsible for sending out new membership packets, and not the Treasurer.
- Extensive discussion was held about how to best go about submitting the By-Laws to the membership for approval. The following plan was approved and will be followed: By-Laws Amendment will be voted on a the same time FBA elections are held, 1 Dec. 2014. By-Laws will be mailed to all Members in good standing 1 August for a 30 day review by all. The FBA Board will conduct a Special Board Meeting, by telephone, to discuss By-Laws Amendments with Members on 1 Oct. 2014.
No further business meeting adjourned
Next meeting June 30 2014, at 8PM
Minutes submitted by Ed Hartwig