FBA Board of Directors Meeting – September 2011
FBA Board of Directors Meeting – September 26, 2011
8:01 pm Meeting Open
Board Members Present: Tony Wolfe, Gary Blevins, Dana Hillis, Ricky Ginsburg, Ed Hartwig
Guests in Attendance: Ray Lesko, Wendy Wolfe, Lou Goldman, Mac McLaughlin
Funcook minutes approved by email
E-Mail Business: none
Treasurer’s Report – Ricky Ginsburg:
- Total Assets: $51,579.32, no outstanding bills
- Database: Cook Teams: 209, Judges: 417, Total Paid Membership 691
Membership – Gary Blevins:
- 16 new members, 0 restaurant, 0 corporate
- Discussion (Mac) regarding sending out a survey to the 175 members not renewing the first of the year and the 150 members not renewing mid year. Mac will work up a letter and submit to board.
- Discussion (Gary) why not survey current membership about what they like about the FBA and what they feel could be improved. Discussion tabled.
- Discussion (Mac) ideas for getting new members judging as soon as possible. One idea was to send labels for judges closest to contest to organizer. Will continue discussion via email
Contests – Ricky:
- Ft. Myers changed request date to same weekend as Pompano Beach. These are too close and Forrest will have to work with organizer on date.
- Jacksonville Backyard Championship – need to take Backyard out of name for Pro event. Dana will call and follow up.
- (Ed) Audit – Tom Sadaka said report is ready and needs to be requested by board in order for them to send it. Dana will submit a request and then submit results to the FBA board.
- (Ed) Grazing table- recently they have had judges graze only for first 10 minutes to sample and then fill “doggie bags” after 10 minute time. This has worked well. Ed proposed this be worked into speech for judges. After discussion, Ed to draft wording and email to board for approval.
- (Ed) Dennis got an email from an organizer wanting to know if members of an organization could judge if the organization was a member of the FBA but the members were not individual members of the FBA. FBA requires individual membership to become a judge. Ed will relay to Dennis.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:34 pm
Gary Blevins, FBA Secretary
Next Meeting: October 31, 2011