Each year a few individuals of the Florida BBQ Association are awarded for their significant contributions to the Association and to the BBQ community.
Joby Stanaland, Inducted 2017
- Past President and founding member of the FBA.
- He truly epitomized what the FBA was all about.
- He absolutely believed in the principles set forth and contributed to carrying them out until his death.
- He was serious about competing, but wanted all to have fun and he led by example.
Les Price, Inducted 2017
- Organized the initial FBA intorductory meeting.
- Wrote the vast majority of the FBA’s organizational documents.
- One of the first members of the FBA’s Board of Directors.
Norm Spradlen, Inducted 2017
- FBA’s first President (un-elected).
- FBA founding member.
- He wrote the FBA’s first scoring program.