Each year a few individuals of the Florida BBQ Association are awarded for their significant contributions to the Association and to the BBQ community.
Joby Stanaland, Inducted 2017
- Co-Creator of FBA and elected President during its initial six years.
- He truly epitomized what the FBA was all about.
- He absolutely believed in the principles set forth and contributed to carrying them out until his death.
- He was serious about competing, but wanted all to have fun and he led by example.
Les Price, Inducted 2017
- Co-Creator of FBA and elected member of the Board of Directors during its initial three years.
- Organized the FBA introductory ’start-up’ meeting.
- Wrote the FBA organizational documents and rules and regulations.
- Organized and ran the first FBA sanctioned BBQ contest.
Norm Spradlen, Inducted 2017
- FBA’s first President (un-elected).
- FBA founding member.
- He wrote the FBA’s first scoring program.